Where do you want to meet?
We have developed a forum area where you can be involved as a subscriber and connect with other like-minded mental health professionals.
We need to know from you if this is a good idea!
Because if it’s not, we can do a private Facebook group, but there’s some downsides to doing things on Facebook.
Here are some thoughts:
- We would like everyone to be involved and we recognise that not everyone is on Facebook.
- Forums are easier to track subjects and threads of thought – something that easily get’s lost on Facebook.
- Facebook is easy, users have access to it easily, whereas our forum needs to be logged into.
- A forum is searchable and it’s easy to go back to an old thread.
- Facebook users have a zero learning curve to be involved in a private group.
Thanks for your feedback!
love the recent 60 second videos. I have watched and shared
Even with a small sample of 50 votes it is obvious that people want to connect here on this site on our forum pages. That’s good to hear.
Let’s get engaged then and make the forum a valuable place for all of us to learn from one another. Very exciting!
OK so it seems we will not be going to a Facebook group – Let’s then, get involved in our own online forum community. We will only get out of it as much as we put in!
Playing “Devil’s Advocate” for a moment?
The advantage I see, as an Irish American netizen, to using a Facebook Platform outreach service, such as a “Group”?
You may succeed in tapping into that Holy Grail of Demographics: the 25 to 45 years of Age.
Reason for such Value?
In Ireland (at the very least) we have a huge spike in Youth antisocial & alcohol fuelled crime.
As Articles on this Site indicate? The Age Related Shift in Amygdala influence on Human Behaviour can’t be overestimated.
Maybe we can do both, but want to have some keen moderators to look after each option (Facebook and/or local website). We are more aiming for the professional psychotherapist rather than the general population, but then maybe the closed forum on the site can be more for the professional and the Facebook group more for educating the general public – just thoughts – love your input!