UNC School of Medicine researchers pinpoint signaling problems in the progenitor cells crucial for proper neuron generation and organization. They have shown how the deletion of the protein APC in progenitor cells leads to massive disruption of brain development and the canonical Wnt protein pathway – a signaling cascade– that previously was linked to genes associated with autism.
Become a Member!
– All SoP monthly magazines
– All NPT magazine archives (63 issues)
– Assorted reading and video courses
– Discounts and access to select webinars and special events
*All pricing in USD.
- Where do our minds wander? Brain waves can point the way
- Childhood neglect leaves generational imprint
- Personalized Brain Stimulation Alleviates Severe Depression Symptoms
- More Than Half of COVID-19 Healthcare Workers at Risk for Mental Health Problems
- Metabolism May Play Role in Recurrent Major Depression