Using rabies virus injected into the stomach of rats, researchers trace the nerves back to the brain and find distinct ‘fight or flight’ and ‘rest and digest’ circuits. These results explain how mental states can affect the gut, and present new ways to treat gastrointestinal problems.
Become a Member!
– All SoP monthly magazines
– All NPT magazine archives (63 issues)
– Assorted reading and video courses
– Discounts and access to select webinars and special events
*All pricing in USD.
- Where do our minds wander? Brain waves can point the way
- Childhood neglect leaves generational imprint
- Personalized Brain Stimulation Alleviates Severe Depression Symptoms
- More Than Half of COVID-19 Healthcare Workers at Risk for Mental Health Problems
- Metabolism May Play Role in Recurrent Major Depression