SOP 12: Terry Marks-Tarlow talks complex systems, fractals, and non-linear dynamics for therapists
Part 1 of a two part conversation with Terry Marks-Tarlow.
We had a wealth of different topics to talk with Terry about. The non-exhaustive list below are just some of the things she is teaching and doing!
- Complex systems (interpersonal neurobiology and nonlinear dynamics; Chaos and Complexity Theories Applied to Clinical Practice; “Psyche’s Veil,”- fractals & the mathematics of nature )
- Yoga, music, dance, painting/drawing & writing opera librettos (“Cracked Orlando” & “Oroborium”)
- Intuition in therapy
- Play and Creativity in Psychotherapy Distinguished clinicians demonstrate how play and creativity have everything to do with the deepest healing, growth, and personal transformation.
- Awakening Clinical Intuition Exercises to help mental health practitioners at all levels of experience recognize gut feelings and produce deep therapeutic change.
- Clinical Intuition in Psychotherapy A systematic look at the role of “gut feelings” in psychotherapy.
- Psyche’s Veil (all about fractals that we covered in the interview).
- Truly Mindful Coloring
- Creativity inside out
- Simultaneity: Temporal Structures And Observer Perspectives – Th an interdisciplinary approach to the question of how observer-participant perspectives are generated, what constrains them and how they may be modified.
- Play and Creativity in Psychotherapy https://www.neuropsychotherapist.com/play-creativity-psychotherapy/
- I Am an Avatar of Myself: Fantasy, Trauma, and Self-deception https://www.neuropsychotherapist.com/i-am-an-avatar-of-myself-fantasy-trauma-and-self-deception/
- Truly Mindful Coloring: https://www.neuropsychotherapist.com/truly-mindful-coloring/
- Embodied Clinical Truths https://www.neuropsychothnical-truths/
- Cultivating Inner Space https://www.neuropsychotherapist.com/cultivating-inner-space/
- The Future of Diagnosis https://www.neuropsychotherapist.com/the-future-of-diagnosis-2/
- Survival of the Wittiest https://www.neuropsychotherapist.com/survival-of-the-wittiest/
- Next Big Breakthrough https://www.neuropsychotherapist.com/next-big-breakthrough/ (“Ibelieve the next important revolution in mental health involves the full embrace of nonlinear science.”)
Thanks for listening!
Please leave an honest review on iTunes and please subscribe to our show.
You can also find our podcast at: The Science of Psychotherapy Podcast Homepage
If you want more great science of Psychotherapy please visit our website thescienceofpsychotherapy.com